general meeting of shareholders
A General Meeting of Shareholders is held at least once a year. The agenda with notes, the annexes and the registration process are published with the notice convening the meeting and are available on the USG People website. The annexes contain all relevant information with regard to resolutions on the agenda. All decisions are taken based on the ‘one share, one vote’ principle. Resolutions are adopted by an absolute majority of votes, unless otherwise provided by law or in the Articles of Association of the company.
The annual accounts are signed off by the Executive Board and the Supervisory Board and are submitted annually to the General Meeting of Shareholders for adoption.
The General Meeting of Shareholders has control of important matters including:
- adopting the financial statements;
- amendments to the Articles of Association;
- deciding on the remuneration policy of the Executive Board;
- deciding on the remuneration of the Supervisory Board;
- transferring the company or virtually the entire company to a third party;
- designating the body authorised to issue ordinary shares and to grant rights to obtain ordinary shares in the capital of USG People;
- designating the body authorised to restrict or exclude preference rights;
- authorising the purchase of shares in the capital of USG People;
- appointing the external auditor;
- discharging the Executive Board and the Supervisory Board.
The minutes of the General Meeting of Shareholders are made available via the website of the company no later than three months after the meeting, after which shareholders have a period of three months to respond.